1st edition of Roller Poster started in TRAFO Trafostacja Sztuki in Szczecin in June 2014. Over 80 posters from 29 artists from all over Poland were exhibited.
The aim of the first edition of the Roller Poster project was to create a poster exhibition consisting of the top quality works and, simultaneously, to start a series of competitions/critical reviews of the self-edition posters organized by the Department of Visual Arts at the Academy of Art in Szczecin.
Designers from all over Poland were invited to participate. The idea of Roller Poster gained a lot of approval and interest from the artists and the sheer number of applications made it an instant success. The works that were sent touched on current topics, they were thought-provoking commentary which encouraged to reflect upon the human condition. The artists wanted to explicitly show what is their stance on important issues close to their hearts, to stir emotions and to say something about things which simply required commentary – and the self-edition poster turned out to be the perfect voice.
Some of the recurring themes of the 1st edition of Roller Poster were: anti-consumerism, climate changes, human suffering, animal injustice and social inequality.
Exhibitions completed as part of the edition:
- November 2014, the Rector's Gallery of the Academy of Art in Szczecin;
- October 2015, Łódź Design Festival;
- As part of the 1st edition of Roller Poster in November 2015, there were also poster design workshops with the renowned Polish graphic designer Jan Bajtlik.
- Department of Graphic Design of the Faculty of Visual Arts at the Academy of Art in Szczecin
- Virtual Gallery RollerPoster.pl
- Cellco Communications Sp. z o.o.
- Trafostacja Sztuki in Szczecin